KeePass is a free of charge open source password manager, which helps you to take care of your passwords in a secure way. You can retailer all your passwords in just one database, which is locked with a grasp vital. So you only have to bear in mind a single single master vital to unlock the total database. Database information are encrypted making use of the finest and most secure encryption algorithms now recognised (AES-256, ChaCha20 and Twofish).
KeePass is portable: it can be carried on an USB stick and operates on Home windows methods with no remaining mounted.
Is it truly no cost?
Of course, KeePass is truly no cost, and extra than that: it is open supply (OSI certified). You can have a appear at its whole source and check out irrespective of whether the encryption algorithms are carried out appropriately.
KeePass is free of charge and you have complete access to its source code. Open up-resource helps prevent backdoors. You can have a search at its source code and compile it yourself.
What is New
- Most dialogs with fastened measurement now detect whether they suit onto the present monitor, and when a dialog does not in good shape (e.g. due to a incredibly significant DPI issue), its measurement is reduced and scroll bars are displayed.
- Added plural entry command names in the principal window (e.g. the command for editing the at present chosen entry/entries is now named either ‘Edit Entry’ or ‘Edit Entries’, based on the range of selected entries).
- Included tooltip for the major part of the status bar of the main window.
- Improved coloration buttons (tooltips, accessible names, …) in the entry dialog, in the database options dialog and in the alternatives dialog.
- Extra ‘Interface (2)’ tab page in the choices dialog, renamed the existing ‘Interface’ tab web site to ‘Interface (1)’, moved some controls from ‘Interface (1)’ to ‘Interface (2)’.
- Enhanced font choice controls (with a checkbox that permits to return to the default, the button exhibits the at this time chosen font, tooltip, improved accessibility, …) in the possibilities dialog.
- Included help one-way links ‘Dark theme’ and ‘Main font (sizing)’ in the options dialog.
- The solutions ‘Custom alt. item color’ and ‘Esc keypress in main window’ are now disabled if they are enforced (by an enforced configuration file).
- Additional support for opening URLs with Waterfox in private mode.
- Additional dialog for editing (HMAC-based mostly and time-based) 1-time password generator settings (can be opened using the ‘OTP Generator Settings’ instructions in the entry dialog or in the ‘Edit Entry (Rapid)’ menu of the major window).
- Additional entry instructions ‘Copy HMAC-Dependent OTP’, ‘Show HMAC-Dependent OTP’, ‘Copy Time-Based mostly OTP’ and ‘Show Time-Primarily based OTP’ (in the ‘Other Data’ menu).
- Extra entry commands ‘Copy Title’ and ‘Copy Notes’ (in the ‘Other Data’ menu).
- When switching to the ‘Generate’ tab page of the password generator dialog (no databases open up), the entropy selection dialog is displayed now, if the possibility ‘Show dialog for gathering person enter as further entropy’ is turned on.
- Additional solution ‘Colorize password characters’ in the HTML export/print dialog the colours are customizable.
- Additional selections ‘Custom principal font’ and ‘Custom password font’ in the HTML export/print dialog.
- Added horizontal entry separator strains in tabular HTML exports/printouts.
- In the plugins dialog, the ‘Delete aged files from cache automatically’ selection and the ‘Clear’ button are now disabled if they are enforced (by an enforced configuration file).
- Plugins can now change the expiry day of an entry a lot more conveniently.
- Included workaround for Wine bug 52457.
- Enhanced main window initialization functionality.
- Improved initial emergence of a minimized or maximized main window (much less flickering, improved performance, …).
- Enhanced names/tooltips of the database toolbar buttons in the principal window.
- Enhanced managing of bold/italic record fonts.
- Improved entry checklist update overall performance in certain circumstances.
- Enhanced dynamic menu deconstruction efficiency.
- Fields starting off with ‘HmacOtp-‘ or ‘TimeOtp-‘ are not revealed in the entry string copy menu any longer.
- Improved tooltips and accessibility of password repetition textual content bins.
- When a dark theme is active, the mistake track record shade of textual content packing containers is darker now.
- Enhanced accessibility of expiry handle groups.
- The title of the learn critical development/adjust dialog is now altered to the context.
- Enhanced ‘Compression’ tab site of the database options dialog (prolonged ‘None’ choice description, enhanced accessibility, …).
- If no colour has been specified, the ‘Custom alt. merchandise color’ button in the choices dialog now exhibits the default shade.
- Improved HTML generation for HTML exports/printouts.
- Improved default fonts applied when printing or exporting to HTML.
- In block HTML exports/printouts, subject names are not italic anymore (unless of course the consumer has picked an italic key font).
- In HTML exports/printouts, all discipline values besides passwords are trimmed now.
- HTML exports/printouts: improved encoding of white-house people in passwords.
- Improved horizontal entry separator traces in block HTML exports/printouts.
- TrlUtil: improved handle classification.
- Improved Authenticode certification vital length.
- Various CHM/aid improvements.
- Upgraded installer.
- Different UI text advancements.
- Several code optimizations.
- Small other improvements.
- The command line parameter ‘-preselect:’ now will work as expected when the alternative ‘Clear master key command line parameters soon after utilizing them once’ is turned on.
- Font alternatives in the choices dialog are now applied only when closing the dialog with [OK].
Modifications from 2.51 to 2.51.1:
- The selection ‘Use alternating item track record colors’ is now compatible with computerized sorting again.
- Improved entry record update general performance when duplicating entries.
- Fastened an entry record scrolling bug.
- Minimal other advancements.